William's Blog...with a smile!

head_left_image

Did bring the CO2 detector?

Early this week I heard of 2 hunters that died in a fire.

They were at their hunting cabin when it caught fire.

Preliminary results was they died in the fire, but in truth

they had died from CO2 poisoning.  In other words they were dead before the fire started.

Many cabins and deer shakes  use some kind of a supplemental heating.

For under $20 you can buy a battery operated CO2 detector.

Be Smart.  Be safe!

Not matter your activity make sure you have one with you.

It will save your life!!!

 

 

 

You will have no chance when it gets like this!

Comment balloon 10 commentsWilliam Feela • November 03 2017 12:43PM

Comments

That is both unfortunate and scary. So easy to not have this happen.

Posted by Nina Hollander, Your Charlotte/Ballantyne/Waxhaw/Fort Mill Realtor (RE/MAX Executive | Charlotte, NC) 9 months ago

Good morning William. Good advice for all hunters to follow! Enjoy your hunt!

Posted by Wayne Martin, Real Estate Broker (Wayne M Martin) 9 months ago

Very good advice for all who have recreational cabins that use supplemental heating sources William Feela 

Posted by Doug Dawes, Your Personal Realtor® (Keller Williams Realty - Topsfield, MA) 9 months ago

Good morning William Feela 

Thank you for sharing your information with us.

Have a great Friday 11/03/2017.

Posted by Anthony Acosta - ALLATLANTACONDOS.COM, Associate Broker (Harry Norman, REALTORS® ) 9 months ago

Great advice William.  Hunters should take care in these cabins.

Posted by Gabe Sanders, Stuart Florida Real Estate (Real Estate of Florida specializing in Martin County Residential Homes, Condos and Land Sales) 9 months ago

This is a sad story because those deaths could have easily been prevented.

Posted by Roy Kelley, Roy and Dolores Kelley Photographs (Realty Group Referrals) 9 months ago

Good morning William. So very sad. Very important post. We do need to be careful.

Posted by Sheila Anderson, The Real Estate Whisperer Who Listens 732-715-1133 (Referral Group Incorporated) 9 months ago

William,

What a sad story, and this could have been prevented with a little research and knowledge.  A

Posted by Ron and Alexandra Seigel, Luxury Real Estate Branding, Marketing & Strategy (Napa Consultants) 9 months ago

Yikes William- I'm thinking back on all of the years when Larry was on a deer lease. This is so sad. 

Posted by Kathy Streib, Home Stager - Palm Beach County,FL -561-914-6224 (Room Service Home Staging) 9 months ago

Bill, this is a great point of safety.  I have never thought about that.

Posted by Vern Eaton, Realtor 651-674-7449 9 months ago

Participate