Since I just sold my long time hunting area I need to look for a new parcel closer to home.
When looking for that perfect parcel, what should we use for a guide as to what is good or not.
1) What type of hunting will I do?
2) What area would I like to be in?
3) Should the land be heavily wooded, all grasslands or a mix?
4) Should my new parcel have a water source on it?
5) Is there a predominate game on the land that I like to hunt?
6) Should my parcel abuts other state lands so that I have a larger area to hunt?
7) Are there other homes around that may influence my management of my land?
8) Does the land have a good access driveway in which to camp?
There are just a few of the questions you need to ask.
These are some of the questions I will be asking myself and more!
The perfect parcel may take a few years to find.
Be ready to pounce, because many others thinking this way will be ready to jump on it also!